With strong artistic links, a thriving music scene and beautiful surroundings, historic Rochester may be a small town but it's certainly big in character. With a host of activities on the doorstep and a popular shopping centre only a 10 minute walk away, this location is perfectly suited to the student lifestyle.
If exploring England's second oldest cathedral, strolling around the local flea market or heading down to the river for some water sports doesn't keep you busy, Rochester also offers an indulgent array of charming cafes and restaurants for you to enjoy.
Your accommodation options
There is one hall of residence at UCA Rochester called Doust Way:
- 214 study bedrooms (mainly arranged in flats of six)
- All rooms en-suite
- One flat available for student & partner (who must also be a student)
- Located a 5 minute walk from campus and Rochester train station
- Each room offers a bed, wardrobe, desk, chair, under-bed storage and a noticeboard
- A number of adapted rooms are available for disabled students.
View our recent 360's:
Click on the links below to view a 360 of typical rooms in Doust Way:
If you are applying to study Television Production at the Maidstone TV studios, you can apply for accommodation in Doust Way. There is also the opportunity to rent private accommodation in Maidstone - the accommodation office at UCA Rochester will be able to help you with this.
What you need to know
- Priority is given to new students starting a full-time course whose home address is furthest away from the campus.
- Your safety and welfare are extremely important to us and to ensure this, student wardens are on site to provide out-of-hours cover.
- The halls are all self-catering and each bedroom has a bed, wardrobe, desk and chair. An ironing board, vacuum cleaner, broom, dustpan and brush, and mop and bucket are provided in each accommodation unit.
- You will need to bring pots, pans, cutlery, crockery, kitchen utensils, tea towels, towels, sheets pillow(s), and a duvet (and cover) or blankets.
- All bedrooms and communal areas are heated.
- The University operates a no-smoking policy in all its residences and buildings.
- Internet access is included in the residence fees.
What does it cost?
- Residence Fees and Period of Residence - Rochester 2015-16
- Terms & Conditions of Residence (for 2015-16 academic year)
Want to apply?
If you think Rochester may be the right campus for you then find out how to apply, or get in touch:
T: 01634 888723
University accommodation is limited (215 rooms). Some rooms may become available during the year and a waiting list for any such spaces comes into effect during term time.
Should you be unsuccessful or simply choose not to go into halls, you will be able to search for private accommodation.
It's likely that many others have been seeking the same information as you - take a look through our Accommodation FAQs, which will hopefully answer your questions!
If you still can't find what you're looking for or would prefer to chat to our team, please give us a call or drop us an email using the above contact details.