Financial support available from UCA
To help you with the cost of living during your studies, UCA has a range of scholarships and bursaries designed to support our students.
Unlike Government loans, these are not something you will have to repay at a later date.
The NSP scholarships, new UCA bursaries and the Internal Progression Bursary are only available to students starting their first BA (Hons) degree course or two-year Foundation degree in September 2014. Continuing students who remain eligible will be paid the UCA bursary only in subsequent years of their course.
UCA Bursaries 2014/15
There are cash bursaries of up to £900 available to those with an annual household income of up to £40,000, these can be used for anything you wish and do not have to be paid back.
Household income (as assessed by SFE)
Value of Bursary
£25,000 or less
£25,001 - £30,000
£30,001 - £35,000
£35,001 - £40,000
You will receive a UCA Bursary for each year of your undergraduate studies at UCA, provided you fulfil the eligibility criteria laid out below.
UCA Bursary eligibility criteria
- Available to English, Welsh and Northern Irish domiciled, full-time undergraduate students who started their studies 2012/13 or later.
- With a declared annual household income of £40,000 or less and paying full fees of at least £8,500 per annum.
- Receiving government support for university study, i.e. the tuition fee loan and maintenance loan and grant for living costs, via Student Finance England, Wales or Northern Ireland.
How to apply
- There is no separate application process for the UCA Bursary. Data on household income will be taken from the Student Loans Company and is the same data that you submit when applying for your tuition fee loan and maintenance loan and grant for living costs.
Other important information
- This process will be the same for each year of your undergraduate studies. Receipt of a UCA Bursary will be dependent on your declared annual household income being £40,000 or less in your application for Student Finance England, Wales or Northern Ireland support for that academic year.
- If you are approved for an award, you can expect to receive confirmation in writing from the middle of November onwards and expect to receive payment from February 2015.
If you have any questions about our bursaries please contact the Scholarships and Bursaries Officer:
T: +44 (0)1252 892945