Printmaking tutorial, UCA Epsom
Printing Press, UCA Canterbury
Mac Suites, UCA Canterbury
Digital SLR Cameras, UCA Canterbury
Photography studios, UCA Canterbury
Photography studios, UCA Epsom
Digital textiles printer, UCA Epsom
Dedicated filming studios, UCA Farnham
Metal workshop, UCA Farnham
James Hockey Gallery, UCA Farnham
Fashion Design studios, UCA Rochester
Pre-degree exhibition, Old Historic Dockyard, Rochester
Fashion Design, UCA Rochester
Fashion Design, UCA Rochester
Jewellery workshop, UCA Rochester
UCA is all about exploration and this means our facilities take pride of place.
UCA are committed to providing cutting-edge, industry-standard facilities for students to produce their work, and UCA graduates are renowned for being well prepared for positions in the creative industry. We also have a range of rare traditional workshops and tools. Our facilities, across our campuses include:
- Studio spaces and workshops for painting, sculpture, fashion and filmmaking
- Dedicated teams of subject-specific technicians
- High-end computers loaded with the latest software for animation, architecture and digital design
- 3D printers and laser cutters
- Industry-standard pattern cutting centre, Gerber suite and Computer-Aided Manufacturing studio
- Fashion textiles digital printing resource
- Extensive photography facilities including darkrooms, studios and a range of film and digital equipment and the Hasselblad Research Centre
- Workshops for ceramics, glass, wood and metals
- Journalism and broadcasting facilities including a TV journalism room with live news feed, a TV studio with viewing gallery and radio suites
- A purpose-built film studio and cinema with cutting-edge editing and post-production software
- Access to hire equipment such as cameras
To view the facilities available on each campus please use the left-hand navigation. To find out about course-specific facilities please visit our course pages.
The UCA libraries are the most comprehensive visual arts resource in the South East, with library collections from our 150 year history offering access to around 272,000 print and electronic books and exhibition catalogues plus nearly 700 print and around 11,400 e journals. UCA libraries also offer:
- Multimedia collections comprise over 27,000 DVDs , videos, blu-rays, digital games, CDs and CD-ROMs
- 5,800 television broadcasts made under licence via our streaming service eStream player
- 2,400 images within the University Library's own system, imageBank.
- The Library Catalogue and most of the electronic resources are available both on and off campus.
- Users may borrow materials from all four sites.
- In addition, the Library offers a document supply service to provide items not available from within the University collections.
The University Library houses a range of archival material & special collections which include material concerning Oscar winning animator Bob Godfrey, the Tessa Boffin photography archive, working class artist books and press and the University's institutional archives among others.
The libraries also act as a 'Gateway' to a range of student support services.
For more information about our University Libraries please visit the dedicated library web pages.
Galleries and exhibitions
Our campus galleries host a unique and varied exhibition programme to enrich and engage our own network of creative staff and students, as well as the wider community. For details of forthcoming exhibitions please see our galleries pages.